CALL FOR POSTERS 2020
submission dates 16 Dec 2019 to 10 Apr 2020
We are inviting everyone to participate in its poster competition titled Bolu International Poster Design Competition, open to works worldwide and held in the theme: About Turkey.
Design a poster with the word ‘TURKEY’ or ‘TÜRKİYE’ that expresses the country.
This event focused on Turkish Culture, your thoughts and expressions about Turkey. We expecting minimal designs, pattern designs, illustration works, and typography artworks. At that point, feel free to design posters that show your expression about Turkey.
Your works will be exhibited in the Bolu Abant İzzet Baysal University, Fine Arts Faculty Art Gallery. Bolu is a neighbor of Ankara, the capital of Turkey and Bolu has deserved to be included in UNESCO’s Learning City list in recent years. And in this sense, many leading projects are realized here. One of these projects is the BIAH poster competition which will be created by sending your artworks.
There is no entry fee to participate!
You will get a certificate of participation (please check out from key dates). In addition, a digital catalog of all exhibited works will be published on the homepage. You will be able to access this catalog on 12 October 2020.
By clicking here, you can see the photos, videos and floor plan of our art hall where your works will be exhibited.
JUDGING & AWARDS
Bolu International Poster Design Competition poster entries are judged in two phases by two different international juries.
The first phase is judged online by our pre-selection committee.
The committee is made up of members of the design professionals around the world. The pre-selection committee will select the 200 -maximum- posters. The selected posters will be included in the catalog and exhibition as well.
The second phase is for choosing the best 10 posters.
The final phase will be conducted by our jury that leading design professionals from around the world. This jury will select 10 posters which will be announced as Special Choice of Jury. 10 posters will be exhibited as well and will be part of the Bolu Abant İzzet Baysal University Fine Arts Faculty Design Collection.
The first three posters will be awarded;
1st place 500 USD, 2nd place 300 USD, 3rd place 200 USD.
Submission Period: 16 Dec 2019 – 10 Apr 2020
Artist List of Selected Posters: 11 May 2020
Artist List of first ten Posters: 12 Jun 2020
Certificate Sendings: 12-15 Jun 2020
Exhibition Period: 12-23 October 2020
Online Catalogue Publishing: 12 October 2020
THE VERY IMPORTANT PART
1. Design a poster with the word ‘TURKEY’ or ‘TÜRKİYE’ that expresses the country.
2. Each participant may submit up to 2 posters. Topic: “About Turkey”.
3. Posters must be: 1857 px x 2600 px – vertical CMYK (300 dpi) and maximum 5 MB / each. Please shrink the size of your works via www.tinypng.com
4. Possible file formats are .jpg and .jpeg Files are to be named as follows: last and first name of the participant (artist) followed by a serial number in the event that the artist is making more than one submission.
5. Works must be UNPUBLISHED before.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE POSTER CONTEST
1. This contest is open to all persons worldwide.
2. Submission dates are from 16 Dec 2019 to 10 Apr 2020. Submissions received before or after these dates can not be accepted for this competition.
3. Submissions must be made in a digital format. Originals prints will not be accepted.
4. There are no restrictions on the artistic style or design images used in submissions.
5. By submitting a poster design, the participant states that he or she has taken note of the event rules and expressly states his or her consent to them.
6. By participating in the competition, you agree to the use of your work by the BIAH for commercial or non-commercial activities.
7. All decisions are final